Add More Business Value.
The supply chain is under siege by enormous pressures due to factors such as commoditization, labor shortages and the Amazon Effect. Supply chain organizations must look to warehouse automation technologies to catalyze digital transformation strategies and stay competitive in the 21st century.
Download this white paper to learn how you can:
- Create business value by eliminating inefficiency bottlenecks, driving performance and cutting costs.
- Replace outdated manual processes to increase speed, accuracy and visibility.
- Mitigate the impact of recalls for products, ingredients and components while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Solve industry-specific challenges for distribution, manufacturing, utilities, MRO, and more.
With the Amazon Effect, commoditization and labor challenges putting enormous pressure on today’s supply chains, warehouses need to undergo digital transformation using automation technologies to stay competitive.
Digital automation technologies like automatic data collection (ADC), mobile barcoding and inventory management software (IMS) that integrates with and extends your Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system can create significant business value.
Every operation can implement digital warehouse automation with a short ROI period. Benefits include:
- Faster process speed and simpler workflows
- Greater efficiency, productivity, mobility
- High inventory accuracy
- Reduced overhead costs
- Elevated customer service
- Flexibility and agility
- End-to-end traceability
- Shorter training and onboarding
- Safer workplace
This white paper will explore the most common inefficiencies found in the warehouse and cost-effective solutions to solve them, backed by real-life case studies.
Common warehouse inefficiencies include:
- Labor-intensive, error-prone manual inventory processes
- Slow, inefficient, inaccurate order picking and fulfillment
- Lack of accurate, real-time traceability
- Difficulty adhering to regulatory compliance
- Inability to satisfy customers with order timeliness and accuracy
- Using an outdated, difficult-to-maintain inventory management solution
Creating Value with Technology
Why warehouses should automate manual data collection processes to enhance inventory control:
- 37% of warehouses will still use pen and paper to track inventory by 2020
- 67% of warehouses plan to prioritize upgrades in barcode scanning technology
- Mobile device use with real-time access to inventory data projected to jump to 90%
- Voice-directed order picking can improve accuracy by 25% and worker efficiency by 35%
Reduce hidden overhead with optimization technologies:
- Mobile technology greatly reduces time workers spend walking.
- License Plating eliminates repetitive tasks by grouping bulk transactions like bin moves and swaps.
- Direct Store Delivery (DSD) apps can shorten cash cycles, driving revenue.
- Using mobile technology to prevent safety incidents that damage reputation and increase costs.
Solve traceability challenges with real-time visibility and track-and-trace to ensure compliance. Traceability software can contain the scope of a recall, such as Sunland's peanut butter recall that ultimately cost $1 billion in loss.