Mobile Barcoding for Manufacturing
Leap in front of your competitors in the era of digital manufacturing. Leverage mobile barcoding to replace obsolete manual processes and drive down costs with fast, efficient, and accurate materials management that also enhances quality. Create end-to-end visibility and control over inventory in supply, production, and delivery with the power of barcode automation.
Why Mobile Barcoding for Manufacturing
Reduce the cost of goods. Increase profits.
Today’s manufacturers must manage complex life cycles at rapid speed with pinpoint precision amid fierce competition at minimum cost—while maintaining the highest level of quality and customer service. Accurate, efficient control over materials is essential to minimize the cost of production and increase razor-thin profit margins. RFgen digital manufacturing solutions automate shop floor data collection to optimize efficiency and spend for materials management with paperless automation and mobile barcoding.
Maximize accuracy, speed, and visibility
Accuracy – Achieve world-class visibility with mobile barcoding technology
Efficiency – Digital automation eliminates slow paper processes and spreadsheets
Productivity – Mobilize transactions to wherever your people work
Less Training – Easy to learn and use with intuitive interface and simple forms
Gain the benefits of RFgen’s industry-leading solutions:
- Real-time visibility and control for inventory and assets
- Predict/plan material flows for raw materials, consumption, and finished goods
- Automate end-to-end traceability (fast track-and-trace)
- Reduce labor cost and material handling with lower overhead
- Enhance agility, throughput, and revenue
- Self-ownership: customize your solution your way
- Support rapid growth and scalability
Shop Floor/Warehouse Inventory Control
Paperless mobile inventory and cycle counting with real-time digital records using mobile barcode scanners, phones, and tablets:
- Manage materials from inputs to outputs with AIDC barcodes, including raw material receipts, purchasing, WIP consumptions, put-away, pick/pack/ship for finished goods
- Extend to field services and maintenance, such as delivery confirmation, work orders and MRO spare parts
- Advanced control with palletizing, kitting, lot tracking, serializations, sub-assemblies and parent-child relationships, component calibration, and license plating
- Reduce excess overstock, labor time, scrap, consumption, waste or loss, and stock-outs
Enhance Quality at Lower Cost
Manufacturing automation ensures continuous flow of materials while enhancing quality control:
- Enforce quality inspections in receipts that flag questionable parts or blacklisted materials
- Enable quantity checks in between manufacturing steps to ensure quality, accuracy, and shorter processing time
- Ensure consistency and quality through product lifecycles for process, discrete, and Kanban manufacturing workflows
- End-to-end traceability compliance for raw materials, components, and finished goods—collect or share with a barcode scan
Fixed Asset Tracking
Simplify fixed asset tracking and plant maintenance without buying a separate EAM solution:
- Locate missing, stolen, or misplaced assets in real time
- Reduce wasted spend from lost assets and maintenance delays
- Minimize unplanned asset downtime with mobile asset inspection
- Optimize asset utilization
- Check-in/check-out and issue to project
Mobile Work Order Management
Mobile work order management equips personnel with critical information on-demand using mobile devices:
- Automate work order tasks for production, maintenance/repair and field services
- Track work order progress and ensure on-time completion
- Optimize diagnostics and work order resolution
- Reduce labor costs, backlogs and delays from missing parts
- Monitor efficiencies to enable continuous process improvement
Open Source Mobile Apps for Manufacturing
Support mobile enablement for the modern workforce with RFgen mobile apps for manufacturing:
- Pre-built mobile app templates for common supply chain activities and manufacturing workflows
- Intuitive, focused interface is easy to learn while delivering maximum user productivity
- Open-source architecture provides self-ownership option to develop your solution in-house
- Evolves with your business at low risk and rapid ROI
Shop Floor Integration
Go beyond mobile data collection with barcode scanners with direct machine-level integration on the shop floor:
- Automatic data collection from shop floor machinery, such as industrial PLCs (programmable logic controllers), scales, conveyors, pick-to-light systems, automated palletizers and packing lines, and other robotic automation systems.
- Support Industry 4.0 and 5.0 innovation with flexible device integration for IoT/IIoT, autonomous vehicles (AGVs/LGVs), drones, helper bots (“co-bots”), etc.
- Simplify and harmonize data sources with connectivity to other enterprise software systems (ERP, MES, SCM etc.).
Manufacturers around the globe use RFgen to become marketplace titans. Explore manufacturing solutions for your industry:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Construction & Building Materials
- Food & Beverage
- Life Sciences
Gain End-to-end Visibility
Download this short guide to learn how RFgen mobile barcoding can eliminate the need for paper, spreadsheets, and data entry through the power of flexible, cutting-edge software that communicates with your ERP in real time. As manufacturing evolves with Industry 4.0 and 5.0, you need a barcode solution that serves as the foundation for your factory of the future, with real-time visibility from raw materials to finished goods and beyond.
RFgen eliminated waste in data collection and improved information flow, complementing our Lean Manufacturing initiative and bringing us one step closer to a true ‘perfect’ plant. RFgen has provided transparency across the organization, including efficiency, utilization, quality, and late order alerts.
David KellyBusiness Analyst, Madix
Extend Digital Manufacturing with Advanced Data Collection Solutions
Mobile Warehouse Automation
Implementing WMS software shouldn’t be a headache that weighs down your warehouse. Why pay for WMS when you can gain the benefits at a fraction of the cost? Now you can, with RFgen’s advanced mobile warehouse automation software for inventory control and directed movement.
Maintenance & Repair Operations Software
Simplify and accelerate MRO processes with easy-to-use mobile apps, digital automation and real-time data.
Mobile Asset Management
Maximize your enterprise asset management (EAM) strategies with real-time control of fixed assets.
When connectivity goes down, you deserve the industry’s best offline solutions for mobile data collection to keep mission-critical operations running 24/7, 365 days a year. RFgen’s off-network mobility solutions empower your people to move materials uninterrupted so your business can continue operating at peak performance.
Simplify and accelerate inventory movements by managing grouped items as individual units with RFgen’s warehouse license plating solutions.
Protect your brand with end-to-end traceability and real-time visibility using mobile data capture technology.