Modernize your team's picking, receiving, loading and put-away processes
It's no secret that most people can talk faster than they can type or scan. Voice-enabling your warehouse or distribution center can improve productivity anywhere from 11%-50% over a manual, hand-held scanner or pick-to-light systems—while often improving accuracy. Customers using a Vocollect Voice solution have seen significant improvements in throughput, cost savings, and reduced training time:
Voice picking delivers:
- 20% improvement in productivity.
- Up to 99.99% order accuracy.
- 50% reduction in training time.
Voice receiving can:
- Eliminate double-checking by a supervisor before receiving is complete.
- Allow implementation of labor standards with data capture.
Voice loading yields:
- Increased staff productivity and volume by 20%.
- Reduced floor space—doors turn faster.
Voice putaway and replenishment results in:
- Improvement in staff productivity while increasing volume.
- Improvement in replenishment rate (pallet/hour).
- Reduction in training time.
- Savings of over $30K/year in capital equipment.
Achieve Lean Warehouse Operations
Voice recognition technology is a proven way to help organizations maintain “lean” warehouse operations, decrease their training costs, and sharply reduce the time it takes for workers to become functional in their role—especially useful for companies that employ seasonal help or that have challenges with staff turnover.
Combine the flexibility of RFgen, a Vocollect-certified Total Solution partner, with the usability of Vocollect Voice for the most efficient execution of processes such as Voice Picking, Order Selection, Putaway, Direct Pick/Pack/Ship, and Manufacturing Inspection, while ensuring real-time updates to your ERP or other enterprise back-end system.
Tailored Voice Prompts are Effective
Workers wearing a lightweight headset enable clear voice prompts to perform tasks and speak directly to the system to confirm actions and move a process forward. Users spend a few hours training a device to recognize their voice so accents or local language requirements are not a problem.
Because voice is a hands-free, eyes-free operation, workers can devote total attention to the task at hand, greatly reducing unproductive time and mistakes. Employees find they can perform at higher levels with less effort, allowing them to take more pride and ownership in their work. This results in less overall turnover for your business.