Migrate from a legacy Windows Mobile OS to Android and iOS without wasting time and money
In the past, when enterprises made major investments in industrial mobile applications, most apps were built to run on a legacy Windows® embedded operating system. The expiration clock is ticking on these legacy mobile devices. Depending on the exact OS and version, Microsoft will discontinue support sometime between 2018 and 2020.
Organizations forced to migrate off legacy Windows mobile operating systems and onto Android and iOS operating systems may have to spend hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars in new hardware and software. Developing mobile apps that only run on one of the mobile operating systems locks the enterprise into that platform — a very expensive mistake if you bet on the wrong OS.
In this ebook, you’ll learn…
- About the rapidly-changing landscape for enterprise mobility.
- What comes next for enterprise mobility.
- How to migrate mobile apps while avoiding costly mobile OS migration mistakes.
- How you can develop mobile apps once and deploy on any device with RFgen’s Mobile Unity Platform™
- About some mobile OS migration successes and failures from Home Depot, Target Brands, Inc., and CryoLife.
Download this ebook now.