Should I build a mobile barcoding solution in-house, or buy it pre-built from a vendor?
Download Build vs Buy to find out.
Deciding between building a mobile data collection in-house or purchasing an out-of-the-box solution from a vendor is a weighty, and significant, decision.
You have a talented IT team and you know what you want. But do you have a true understanding of the time and money required? Do you know the hidden costs and pitfalls?
Download our guide to learn about the advantages and disadvantages to each approach, as well as how to gain the benefits of both.
This guide’s key points include:
- Reasons you may consider building your own barcode and data collection solution.
- Hidden challenges, drawbacks, and costs to building a homegrown solution.
- Overlooked advantages in purchasing a ready-made solution, including total cost of ownership (TCO), ROI, and maintenance support.
- How to gain the benefits of buying a pre-made solution AND building your own using low-code mobile app development (MADP) for self-ownership.
- Use cases demonstrating the benefits of a pre-built solution equipped with low-code developer tools.
Hypercompetitive markets mean companies must adapt quickly to remain successful—or risk getting left behind. Today’s global pandemic places even greater burden on IT departments as they work to support remote workforces.
Choosing the right mobile barcoding solution for your company can have significant implications for your operation.
Download your copy of the guide today for a deep dive into the critical “build vs buy” decision-making process, so you can be confident in making the right choice for your business.
This paper was written with the cooperation of RFgen supply chain professionals and more than three decades of experience in enterprise software development.