- RFgen proudly announces the release of its expanded RFgen Mobile Foundations for Oracle SCM Cloud, a suite of out-of-the-box mobile apps for supply chain and barcoding.
- Moving to the cloud offers many benefits, including low implementation costs and reduced IT spend.
- The expansion includes the most commonly used supply chain transactions, with more to be added each month.
We are thrilled to announce the expanded RFgen Mobile Foundations for Oracle SCM Cloud, the latest suite of out-of-the-box mobile apps for barcoding and supply chain.
The RFgen Mobile Foundations for Oracle SCM Cloud is built on decades of experience and expertise in mobile data collection best practices for Oracle and barcoding. The suite augments our already robust Oracle offering with additional functionality built specifically for cloud ERP and OCI.
This release services our commitment to advance technology that supports and supplements the capabilities of Oracle SCM Cloud.
Read More: What’s Included with RFgen Mobile Foundations for Oracle SCM Cloud »
Why We’re Prioritizing Mobile Barcoding Apps for the Cloud
The manufacturing industry’s adoption of cloud technologies, which already outpaces any other industry, is set to double in 2020 as manufacturers realize many benefits of making the move.
- Low implementation costs. Without an on-premise server to install and with monthly service fees instead of an initial upfront investment, companies making the move to the cloud realize greatly reduced implementation costs.
- Reduced maintenance and IT spend. No server to maintain and version updates and patches installed in the cloud environment means companies can spend significantly less on maintenance and IT, freeing funds for other projects.
- Continuous Support. Receiving micro and quarterly updates in the cloud also reduces accidental obsolescence, broken connected systems and downtime for more continuous support.
- Enhanced security. Built in security measures secure critical business data and protect key processes and information from theft or corruption.
While new functionality is added each month, manufacturing customers may have to wait for some of the capabilities they previously had in E-Business Suite and JD Edwards.
This is where RFgen can help you overcome this challenge. Our Oracle SCM cloud offering helps bridge the gap between the benefits you gain from moving to the cloud and the loss of this custom functionality. Our out-of-the-box mobile barcoding app suite offers ready-to-go functionality to minimize downtime and disruptions to production.
If you have unique requirements, our experienced team of Oracle consultants can work with you to build tailor-made mobile apps as well.
Introducing the new RFgen Mobile Foundations for Oracle SCM Cloud
The expanded RFgen Mobile Foundations for Oracle SCM Cloud offers pre-built, pre-tested and pre-validated mobile app functionality for the most commonly used supply chain transactions, as well other complex operation workflows.
Some of these apps include:
- Sub-inventory Transfer
- Miscellaneous Receipt
- Miscellaneous Issue
- PO Receipt
- Pick Wave
- Pick Confirm
- Ship Confirm
- Cycle Count
And many more.
Building on a History of Barcode Automation for Oracle ERPs
This latest release builds on a strong history of providing mobile barcoding automation for Oracle ERPs, include JD Edwards, E-Business Suite and now, SCM Cloud.
Mobilizing inventory, manufacturing, purchasing and other supply chain activities enables employees to transact against your ERP when and where they work in real time. The end result is enhanced efficiency, visibility and productivity.
Importantly, RFgen also offers a simultaneous connection with multiple ERPs and deployment scenarios, including JD Edwards on Oracle Cloud and E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud.
Our Oracle SCM Cloud solution also offers:
- Oracle-certified integration for Oracle Cloud Release 11 and above
- Simultaneous connection to cloud, on-premise and hybrid deployments
- Zero footprint on the cloud environment
- Hosting on OCI
By working in tandem with Oracle SCM Cloud, RFgen empowers companies who make the move to the cloud to gain the extensive benefits of Oracle’s cloud infrastructure. For those businesses concerned about losing unique functionality built into legacy on-premise ERP systems, RFgen can help you preserve those operationally-critical processes while supporting your journey to cloud.
Watch this space for updates as we increase our cloud offering in the coming weeks and months.